« Home | Who'da thunkit! » | Huh. I don't know what to say. » | Congratulations! » | New Year, New..... whatever » | Happy St. Patrick's Day and junk » | Phew! » | This would be me, today, at work. People out sick... » | I've been e-mooned.. » | Crappy ass day. » | Damn funny... » 

Saturday, December 29, 2007 

The Holidays

Hey everyone,

Well, Christmas is over - and New Year's is just around the corner. I have my fingers crossed that 2008 will be my come back year! More excitement, more travel, just more, well, everything. 2007 was more uneventful then almost any year I can remember. I didn't do much, I didn't travel anywhere, and I didn't do any of the things that I love to do. Part of that had to do with job stress, losing one, starting another, not having the money to do everything, etc., etc., - but realistically, I just wasn't motivated. I didn't really care that much about anything. I don't know what my problem was. I didn't even blog for crying out loud.

So, 2008 is going to be better, because I am going to MAKE it better. I'm the only one who can after all. I already have a trip planned for the first part of April. Now granted, it's just to Reno - but it's one of my closest friend's 40th birthday party (FORTY HOLY SCHNIKEY!), so no matter what it will be a good time. I have other tentative plans for later in the year, but we'll see what pans out and what doesn't.

My sister bought a new house, so a trip down to see her and the kids is a must. And chances are there will be more than one - she informed me that the house has 5 bedrooms, one of which is designated just for Auntie Siesha. That's VERY exciting! I can't wait to see it in person! I'm so happy for them. The kids are going to be thrilled to pieces.

Now if I could only afford to buy my own place... soon enough I hope! It's my "before I turn 40" goal. I have a review coming up in a few weeks, which should produce a raise, because - let's face it - I RULE at work. I know what I'm doing, and I do an awesome job. Hopefully it will be enough to put me on the right path, but honestly, in the mortgage business, ANY raise is a good sign.

And on that note, I'm going to enjoy the rest of the first day off in a 4 day weekend. You all do the same, and keep smiling - a new year is just around the corner.